Looking for documentation specific to the Classic UI? View Classic UI manual.
The Plixer Scrutinizer user interface (UI) consists of four sections.
Actively updated high-level views with current status you can display on the NOC/SOC.
Table views show top entities over the last five minutes. Drilling in on an entity displays the entity summary view. From there, you can drill into the full Plixer Scrutinizer reporting engine.
- Top Interfaces
- Top Usernames
- Top Applications
- Top Hosts
- Top Autonomous Systems
- Top IP Groups
- Top Countries
- Top Protocols
Detailed packages of information put together for specific investigations.
- Collections: Annotated bundles of alarms and reports. Collections allow for one analyst to pick up where the previous one left off. They are an excellent means of sharing findings between NetOps and SecOps teams.
- Forecasts: Report data fed to the Plixer Network Intelligence ML Engine will generate forecasts of future values.
Product configuration interface, broken into its own four sections:
- Settings: Configure Plixer Scrutinizer.
- Definitions: Configure/view how Plixer Scrutinizer will display data.
- Security: Configure/view users, user group permissions, authentication methods, and related areas.
- Reports: Configure/view custom reports, scheduled reports, and related content.
Classic UI vs. UI¶
In version 19.0.0, there was a major revamp of the Plixer Scrutinizer user interface. Given such a radical shift, it was essential to keep the old UI around for continuity. The old UI EOL date has not been announced yet.
You can access both interfaces at all times using the following URLs:
You can set the preferred UI option under a user’s preferences.