Scrutinizer Upgrade Instructions¶
Confirm that the following requirements are met prior to upgrading Scrutinizer:
- Current running version of Scrutinizer is v15.8 or greater (If running a version prior to v15.8, contact Plixer support for assistance.)
- Internet access to download the CentOS updates and get the latest installer (Contact Plixer support for offline upgrades.)
- root access to the appliance
- Snapshot of the VM prior to an upgrade as a backup measure
- Valid license key to launch the latest installer (check Admin > Settings > Licensing)
ssh in to the virtual appliance as the root user
Navigate to the files directory:
Confirm that there are no prior Scrutinizer installer files by using the command ll or ls. If there are, delete them.
rm -f Scrutinizer-linux-x64-installer.run
Download the latest installer
Once it has finished downloading, modify the permissions.
chmod 755 Scrutinizer-linux-x64-installer.run
Launch the installer
Once the installer has completed, open the web interface and log in. You should now be on the latest version of Scrutinizer.