Welcome to Dashboards!¶
Dashboards are used to create custom views of precisely what the user or group of users wants to see when they login. Multiple unique dashboards can be created.
- With the right permissions, these dashboards are customizable per login account.
- All dashboards created by any user in a usergroup are available to other users in the same usergroup. The default is read-only access.
- Each dashboard can be manipulated and shared with others.
- The Read-only permission (check box) is used to grant others the ability to manipulate a shared dashboard.
There are several configuration options in each gadget or window in the dashboard. Each is represented by an icon, some of which don’t appear until the mouse is moved over the window.
- Timer: This value decrements to indicate the next refresh of this gadget. Set the refresh frequency by clicking on the gear icon.
- Gear: The spinning gear icon can be used to rename the gadget and to set the refresh rate.
- Refresh: Press the refresh or recycle icon to force the reload of the contents of the gadget. (Will also happen automatically when the timer runs out.)
- Move: Click the four-headed arrow icon, hold, and drag the gadget to a new location in the dashboard.
- X: This icon is used to remove the gadget from the dashboard. It can easily be added back later and it will remain in the gadget inventory for use in other dashboards.
- Resize Arrows: Located in the lower left and right-hand corners of the window, these icons are used to resize the window.
Additional permission options can be found under:
Admin tab > Security > Users:
- Set the default dashboard the user will see when first opening the Dashboard tab
Admin tab > Security > Usergroups:
Choose Dashboard Gadgets
- Click the “Dashboard Gadgets” value for the usergroup you want to change
- Uncheck “All Dashboard Gadgets”
- Move the individual gadgets the selected usergroup should be able to view from the “Deny” to “Allow” box
Choose Feature Access
- Click the “Configure” link in the “Features” column for the usergroup you want to change
- With “Predefined” selected, add or remove the “Dashboard User” and “Dashboard Administrator” roles
- With “Advanced” selected, add or remove individual features like “Create Dashboards”