Groups are the foundation of all maps. Creating a new group creates a map. Flow sending devices that are not assigned to a map are placed in Ungrouped. There are two types of maps:
- Plixer: these maps are entirely local to the Scrutinizer server, do not require any internet access.
- Google: Useful for displaying network devices geographically.
- Flow devices can be added to more then one group/map.
- Flow devices added to groups are removed from Ungrouped.
- Membership: use this to add devices and objects to the group.
- Pass up map status: use this to pass the status of any down devices in a lower map up to parent map.
- Permissions can be set on Group visibility. More details regarding the permissions can be read about under Usergroup Permissions