Objects come in four formats:
Devices: are imported from CrossCheck or can be manually added. These objects change color based on the Fault Index and the threshold settings in CrossCheck. To remove a device that was imported from CrossCheck, the 3rd Party Method must be disabled or the device must be removed from the 3rd Party Method script or removed from the 3rd party application, else it will continue to be re-imported after deletion.
- Label: If the device is imported from CrossCheck, this value is imported.
- Poll Using: Select IP Address, Hostname or Disable Polling.
- Notification: Select a Notification Profile which will be triggered when the CrossCheck Fault Index threshold is breached.
- Icon: The default icon type and size can be modified.
Groups: represent other maps and the status of devices in those maps. They are clickable and bring up the appropriate map.
Symbols: represent devices in the maps that don’t display a status. They can be assigned labels and made clickable to launch other applications and/or web pages.
Text Boxes: can be placed on maps and generally contain text. Shapes, colors and size can all be defined. As well as the Label and a clickable link. Text boxes are for Plixer maps only. They cannot be placed on Google maps.
To modify the Google address of an object, select a map the object is in and then edit the object. Since the same object can be in multiple maps with different addresses, the map must be selected first. The ‘Address’ listed is generally the mailing address of the location of the object. Google uses this ‘Address’ to locate the GPS coordinates. The actual GPS coordinates can also be manually edited.
Adding custom Device icons:
- Object Icons: Save graphic icons to the ~/scrutinizer/html/images/maps directory with the naming convention of <name>_object.gif. Make sure the background of the image is transparent or it may not look very good on the map.
- Device “Status” Icons: Save device icons to the ~/scrutinizer/html/images/maps directory with the naming convention of <name>_red.gif and <name>_green.gif. Two icons must be provided: one for up status (green) and a second one for down status (red). Make sure the background of the images are transparent.i
Objects are placed in groups. Each group is a map. Generally, objects on the map represent flow exporting devices; however, polled devices can be added as well. Objects have several properties:
- Label: a read only field determined by the collector.
- Poll Using: IP Address, Hostname or disable.
- Notification: Specify how the alert on the status of the object/device should be sent out.
- Primary Status: This determines the background color of icons throughout Scrutinizer. The default primary status of a device is “Flow”. That is an indication of whether we are still receiving flows from an exporter. To change primary status, edit an object under Mapping Configuration and change “Primary Status”.
- Secondary Status: This is the colored square that is superimposed on an icon. The secondary or sub icon color is based on CrossCheck status for a device. If the primary status is CrossCheck then there won’t be a secondary status.
- Icon image: shape of the icon
- Dependencies: are used to determine how and when the device is polled.
- Membership: Specify the groups / maps the object is a member of.
Modify an Objects Membership to place it in another group/map.