The Top Interfaces is the default view of the Status tab unless it is modified by the user by editing their profile. Be sure to mouse over items on this page before clicking as the tool tip that appears can be very helpful. The columns of this table of interfaces includes:
- Check Box: Check off the interfaces desired to include in a single report and then click the trend icon at the top of this column.
- Icon color status: The color is determined by CrossCheck. Mousing over the icon will provide polling details.
- Flow Version: Clicking on the version of flows received (e.g. N9, N5, I10) opens a report menu for the device which includes a Flow Stats report for the device.
- Interface: Clicking on the Interface will open the Report menu. Selecting a report from here will run an inbound/outbound (bidirectional) report for the last 24 hours in 30 minute intervals. The user can drill down from there.
- Arrow down menu: Clicking this presents a menu:
- Reset the high watermark(s) in the Inbound/Outbound columns
- Interface Details
- Device Overview
- Inbound/Outbound: these columns represent utilization over the last 5 minutes. Clicking on them will prompt the user to run a report for the last 5 minutes in 1 minute intervals.
Organize devices by moving them into groups.
- New: used to create groups / maps of devices that are currently in ‘Ungrouped’. A device can be a member of multiple groups.
- Ungrouped: By default all flow exporting devices are placed in Ungrouped until they are moved into one or more user created groups.
- Grouped: A group of devices that typically share one or more attributes.
- View: Displays the map for the devices in the group.
- Reports: Select a report to run against all of the flows collected from all the devices in this group.
- Copy: Make a copy the group and give it a new name.
- Modify: Modify the membership of the objects in the group.
- CrossCheck: View CrossCheck for the devices in this group.
- SLA: View the Service Level Report for the flow exporting devices in this group.
- Show Interfaces: Show all active interfaces for the flow exporting devices in this group. The interface list will display in the main window of this screen.
- Exporters: Devices that are exporting flows show up in the left column. The color of the icon represents the selected primary status for the object. The sub icon represents the Fault Index value for the device in CrossCheck. Expland the flow exporter for the menu.
- Reports: Run a report on the flows coming from the device. :ref:`Select a report <network_traffic_reporting>`to display flow data. Selecting a report from here will run the report for ALL interfaces of the device resulting in the inbound traffic matching the outbound traffic. For this reason, this report is displayed inbound by default.The default timeframe for this report is Last 24 hours in 30 minute intervals.
- Interfaces: Displays a list of interfaces for the device. Click on an interface to run a report. Selecting an interface (or All Interfaces) from this list will open a report menu. Select and run a report for the last 24 hours. ALL Interfaces reports will default to Inbound as described above, selecting a single interface will report on both Inbound and Outbound.
- Properties: Modify the properties of the device.
- Device Overview: Provides the overall status of the device by leveraging data from CrossCheck, the poller and the alarms.
- Show Interfaces: Displays a list of all active interfaces for the device in the main window of the page.
- Other Options:
- Alarms: Displays the outstanding alarms for the device.
- Interface Details: launches the Interface Details view which lists SNMP details about the device including the interface speeds.
- Flow Templates (Advanced): displays the templates (e.g. NetFlow v9, IPFIX, etc.) currently being received from the device.
This tab opens when a report is selected from the report menu. All of the icons that appear in the top left are explained in Network Traffic Reporting.
Filters can be added to the report by grabbing items in the table and dragging them to the left or by clicking on the “Filters / Details” button.
Saved reports are saved filters or reports which display the selected data on one or more interfaces across potentially several devices. When Saved is clicked the user is returned to the Current Report view and the filter contents are displayed.
This tab lists any reports that were saved and provides a folder management utilities:
- Add Folder: Select ‘Add Folder’. A text box will open to enter a folder name which is used for organizing saved reports.
- Manage Folders: Select ‘Manage Folders’. A new browser tab will open to Admin > Reports > Report Folders. From here, bulk folder/saved report management can be accomplished by moving several reports in and out of a folder. New folders can be created or deleted from here.
- Saved reports list: Following the list of report folders (if any) will be the list of any reports that have been saved. Each saved report has two icons:
- Trash can: to delete the saved report. Deleting the report will also delete any dashboard gadgets or scheduled reports associated with this saved report.
- Magnifying glass: hovering over this icon will open a tooltip providing the parameters that the report was saved with, such as who created the report, the date range of the report and other information defining this report. Also included at the top of the tooltip is the Report ID, which is required for some advanced functions.
Report folder management is also available from within the Saved reports tab by dragging and dropping the reports into or pulling them out of the desired folders. Reports can be viewed by clicking on the report name. They can also be renamed once the report is in view mode by editing the report name and clicking the Save icon. The dynamic filter just below the Saved reports header allows the user to easily find reports within the report list or folders.