Replicator load balancing¶
The load balancing feature provides integration between a Scrutinizer distributed cluster and a Replicator appliance.
Setting up load balancing¶
- SSH as the root user into your Scrutinizer primary reporter.
- Run the following command:
When you launch the command for the first time, it will create a configuration file called /home/plixer/scrutinizer/files/autoreplicate.conf. The file will be pre-populated with the necessary entries as JSON.
- Edit the /home/plixer/scrutinizer/files/balance.conf file for your setup.
- Rerun the scrut_util –autoreplicate command. It will create a replicator policy for each collector and add exporters that are in the seed_profile to collector profiles up to collector_capacities. After you run the auto-replicate command, Scrutinizer will create an alarm that will contain the configuration details.
If you would like Replicator to forward the traffic from all the exporters to Scrutinizer, add a policy for “0.0.0.0/0” to your seed profile.
Editing the configuration file¶
Here are a few helpful tips for modifying the /home/plixer/scrutinizer/files/balance.conf file.
- When editing the collector_capacities section, make sure you have an entry for each collector in the cluster. If you add a new collector, update the configuration accordingly. A policy is automatically created and managed for each collector in the Scrutinizer distributed cluster.
- The exporters value is the maximum number of exporters that should be sending flows to a collector.
- The flow_rate setting controls the maximum flows per second the collector should receive.
- The seed_profile stands for the replicator profile that you add all exporters to on the replicator appliance. Any exporters added to a designated policy on a replicator will be sent to a collector in the distributed cluster.
The collector_capacities setting limits the number of exporters. If you exceed the capacity, exporters will be removed.