Adding Additional Interfaces¶
The names of the monitoring interfaces on the Plixer FlowPro appliance are important. When adding additional interfaces to a virtual appliance, the interfaces must be renamed to something the FlowPro can recognize.
The Plixer FlowPro appliance comes with two interfaces by default:
- ‘mgmt’: for virtual appliance management
- ‘mon1’: the default monitoring interface
Follow the instructions below to add additional interfaces to the Plixer FlowPro appliance and rename them from the default ‘ethX’ to ‘monX’.
Take a snapshot of the virtual machine before making any changes.
This section outlines the process of adding and renaming a new interface for a Plixer FlowPro appliance running on CentOS 7.
Add a New Interface in VMware¶
- In vCenter, right click on the VM that the new interface will be added to and select ‘Edit Settings…’.
- From the ‘Edit Settings…’ window, select ‘Add New Device’.
- From the drop down menu, click on ‘Network Adapter’.
- Run the following command: